Aims and Objectives
The fundamental principles upon which AGHS was founded were:
- Providing access to justice through free legal representation for the marginalised and persecuted
- Building a stronger constituency of activists, mainly women
- Challenging non-discrimination, violence and threats against the vulnerable through legal action
- Ending impunity for perpetrators of human rights violations
- Reforming laws and policies through the use of court interventions, research, and partnerships from the grassroots level to policy makers.